There are a few things you can anticipate happening during the installation of an asphalt shingle roof if you need a new roof and are thinking about it. We will take you step-by-step through the installation procedure so you know what to anticipate. Let's first explore what an asphalt shingle roof is.
How Does An Asphalt Shingle Roof Work?
A roof made up of individual pieces of material with an asphalt coating is known as an asphalt shingle roof. Each row of these shingles is offset from the row below it as they are installed in an overlapping pattern. This overlap aids in preventing water intrusion into your home. The thickness and fire resistance of the shingles are also rated.
What Advantages Are There To Choosing An Asphalt Shingle Roof For Your House?
Choosing an asphalt shingle roof for your house has a lot of advantages. One of the most widely used types of roofing materials is asphalt shingles. These are the advantages:
- With the right maintenance, asphalt shingles are resilient and can last up to 20 years.
- They are an excellent choice for homeowners on a tight budget because they are also very affordable.
- Asphalt shingles are simple to install, making it possible to quickly and easily install your roof.
- Asphalt shingles come in various colors and styles to find the ideal look for your home.
Now that we've discussed what an asphalt shingle roof is and the advantages of choosing one, let's move on to the typical issues with asphalt shingle roofs.
The Most Common Issues With Asphalt Shingle Roofs
Leaks, missing or damaged shingles, and moss development are the issues frequently encountered by asphalt shingle roofs.
Leaks: The most frequent issue with asphalt shingle roofs is leaking. It's crucial to contact a roofing contractor as soon as you notice any water infiltration in your house to fix the problem.
Shingles that are missing or damaged are another frequent issue with asphalt shingle roofs. Age, poor installation, or extreme weather conditions are all potential causes of this. It's crucial to contact a roofing contractor as soon as you notice any missing or damaged shingles on your roof to fix the problem.
Another typical issue with asphalt shingle roofs is moss growth. Moss can lead to leaks as well as the deterioration of your shingles. Call a roofing contractor right away to have the moss on your roof removed if you see any growth.
Now that we've covered the most frequent issues with asphalt shingle roofs let's move on to the installation procedure.
How An Asphalt Shingle Roof Is Installed
An asphalt shingle roof can be installed in a relatively straightforward manner. Your roofing contractor will remove old shingles and other debris from your roof before installation. The roof decking will then be examined to determine its condition. After inspecting the roof decking, your roof replacement contractor will begin installing the new shingles.
1. The outdated roofing material must be removed first. With a power washer, a contractor can accomplish this.
2. The next step is to install the new shingles after removing the old roofing material. Each shingle is nailed into position to accomplish this.
3. The flashing installation comes next. The flashing is a metal strip that aids in caulking your roof's edges and stopping leaks.
Installing the gutters is the fourth and final step. Water is gathered and directed away from your home by the gutters.
There are three things you can do to get ready for your new roof while it is being installed:
- Away from the work area, make sure all vehicles are parked.
- Get rid of loose objects in your yard that the wind might blow around.
- Any trees or bushes close to your house should be pruned.
- Ask your roofing contractor if you have any questions about the installation procedure. Any queries you may have will be happily addressed by them.
The Average Price To Install An Asphalt Shingle Roof
In Lake Manassas, Virginia, the average price to install an asphalt shingle roof is $3,000. The cost of the materials and labor are included in this price.
For a free estimate, get in touch with a reliable roofing contractor in your area if you're considering installing an asphalt shingle roof on your house.
How Long Should A Roof Made Of Asphalt Shingles Last?
An asphalt shingle roof should last 20 years or longer when maintained properly. An asphalt shingle roof's typical lifespan is 12 to 15 years. You can increase the lifespan of your roof with the right maintenance.
Roof maintenance for asphalt shingles
Proper maintenance is essential to increase the lifespan of your asphalt shingle roof. The following advice will help you maintain your roof:
1. Regularly check your roof for any indications of wear and tear, leaks, or moss development.
2. Get in touch with a roofing contractor right away to have any issues fixed if you notice them. Regularly check your roof for any signs of damage.
3. Maintain a clean and clutter-free gutter system. Have a trustworthy roofing contractor inspect and clean your roof every three to five years.
4. Verify the cleanliness and functionality of your gutters.
5. Prune any shrubs or trees close to your house to stop them from harming your roof.
These suggestions will help you maintain the appearance and lifespan of your asphalt shingle roof.
How To Pick A Reputable Roofing Company For Your Lake Manassas Residence
It's crucial to conduct research before selecting a roofing company. Before making a choice, read online reviews and evaluate prices. You want to ensure you're working with the best roofing company for your home.
It's crucial to pick a licensed and insured roofing company. If something goes wrong during the installation process, this will safeguard you.
Get in touch with a reliable roofer like Roof.net, the best-rated roofing company in Lake Manassas, if you're considering installing a new asphalt shingle roof on your house. We offer a full range of roofing services. We are experts at replacing old roofs and installing new ones (re-roofs). We provide several services, including inspections and roof condition certificates. You can add gutter installation services from Roof.net to your roof installation for an additional fee.
Additionally, Roof.net can help with insurance claims. The company provides services outside of the Lake Manassas region as well. Call us right away.